Search on this blog

Monday, November 2, 2009

Maahi - Chapter one

Chapter One
In the train from Howrah to Yashavantpura.

It is very difficult now days to get a proper seat, whatever it is AC or not. I have a journey of long 36 hours and I got the RAC seat, I call it Jab We Met seat. If the guy next to me is some budha, then I am gone, I have to sleep the whole 36 hours.

Here comes my number 36. What a coincidence 36 hours on the seat number 36! As I thought in seat number 37 there is middle age bald guy, with whom I don’t want to talk. A deep sleep is waiting for me.

-    Hi, Mr Akash. I am just shocked hearing my name in his mouth.
-    Hello, but I don’t think I know you.
-    You are absolutely correct. We don’t know each other; we are meeting for the first time I guess.
-    What the fuck, then how do you know my name?
-    I have checked the passenger’s list.

Damn it. I have to spend 36 hrs with this idiot.
-    So as I know your name, you might be interested about me too – stranger said.
I shrugged, who wants to know about this bloody fucker but I know he is going to tell me anyway.
- My name can be anything but for the time being you can call me Vivek.
- As in?
- Slow friend slow, I will let you know the story. Actually I am thinking that we can play a game, game is like you will tell me your story then I will tell you my story.
Who wants to discuss personal with this Vivek or whoever? But I was really upset today, so I thought OK we can give a chance.
-    So I think I can guess something about you.
-    Obviously, tell me.
-    You are very upset today.
-    Yes I am.
-    Anything personal?
-    Yeah lil but I can tell you, you are a Stranger. Sometimes it is easy to say personal things to Strangers.
-    Yeah that’s true. So …
-    So, today is her wedding.
-    Whose? Your girlfriend’s?
-    No, not girlfriend, a friend.
-    Whom you love, and she doesn’t right?
-    Yeah, true.
-    So u r from Calcutta and leaving, so that you don’t have to attend?
-    No, I am from Bangalore. I just came here for her call.
-    I didn’t get it, for a call means what?
-    Ok…
I took a little pause.
- I thought of eloping her but she didn’t call.
- I didn’t get you still.
- Then you have to listen the whole story.
- Ok carry on.

The train whistles and its starts for its destination.

Next chapter...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Video

Featured Article

Poems